Monday, July 1, 2024

Art Studio Space

It had become apparent that my paper mache and other craft hobbies were filling up the apartment, with product but also with supplies and tools. The obvious answer was to get some art studio space, which I moved into today. I have seen a few of these shared spaces through children and friends, so I knew what I was getting into. I have an open square space in the middle of the second floor of an old warehouse in East Vancouver, on Powell Street. It is right by the train tracks. 



I am one of ten people in the space. I met three of them today and they seem like they will be a good crowd. I guess they are mostly there to work on their art/craft but I am hoping to get input on my designs.


Kilns are not allowed (not the right power or ventilation plus the fire risk), but I may do some pottery there and take it elsewhere to be fired. Right now, it is set up for paper mache work. Some of my latest creations (made before I moved in) are shown below. I am hoping to sell some of this stuff at some point, thinking now of Christmas ornaments for a seasonal craft sale. These stars are a nice canvas for decoration ideas. 








1 comment:

  1. Looks like a relaxing way to enjoy some creativity. And rewarding to share the experience with others.
    I haven't done any pottery since COVID interrupted life. I've been thinking it might be time to get back into it this Fall.

    ReplyDelete