Thursday, May 30, 2013

Minecraft RiffRaff server

My latest minecraft venture was a custom server put together by the RiffRaffSyndicate. This has an extensive set of increasingly complex mods. I bred bees (yes, the insects) to get ones that had diamonds in their honeycombs. I used a magic sword that could harvest the souls of mobs that you could put into a device that summoned them continuously. I had a summoner of small spiders from the Twilight Forest mod. These, I killed with a machine that harvested their monster essence that I fed into another machine that created other monsters using a template from a single captured one (which I then killed with another machine to harvest things they dropped on death). I built a tower with decorations of gold blocks made from nuggets harvested from Zombie Pigmen in this way. I do understand that this is the equivalent of dressing up in costumes of Star Trek characters, but furry. But if you are in the scene, furry trekkies are probably a lot of fun.

So some of my creations from the RiffRaff server are shown below. This server updates every few months. My base on the first world was called Bwandir. Shown below are my enchanting and power rooms. They feature a lot of decorative elements from the Twilight Forest, a magical realm you can enter through portals.




I was reluctant to leave this base and move to the new world on an update, but then I blew most of it up in a GregTech explosion and decided I might as well move on. My new base was called Isengard. It was supposed to be this evil base where trees were cut down by machines, villagers were held captive, and there were fell creatures bred in underground caverns. I did all that, but then I got into bee breeding and they pollinated flowers everywhere. This kind of ruined the evil mood. Below are the main tower of the base and the stairwell into the dungeons (built into a quarry pit).



Since towers seem to be my thing, I built another one for decoration. This is the one with gold blocks for decoration inside. There were arcane levitators from Thaumcraft 3 in various places in this one. Thaumcraft, Forestry and the Twilight Forest were the major new mods to me on this server, all great ones. 




So I am waiting for the server to update. The world will be re-created but we are allowed to take some things with us. I built a small transfer house and filled it with chests - mostly of bees and saplings of special trees since they took a long time to breed. I should say that all these servers are free - run by fans just like the mods are free and made by fans. I have offered to contribute to the servers I have joined but they never take me up on it. This is a great, alternative server. I am surprised it is not more popular. 



No comments:

Post a Comment