Monday, May 25, 2015

First Apple device failure

I switched to Apple devices about seven years ago. I have apple computers at home and at work, an MacBook Air laptop for travelling and presenting material in lectures, an iPhone, an old iPod that connects my digital media to our old stereo system at home, the old TV downstairs and my alarm clock, and now an iPad (mostly for reading comics on the bus). I may be stuck since I have invested in iTunes media. I do enjoy the transparent synching of my contacts and calendars through the Apple cloud, although I gather that the same thing is possible with google apps on android devices. Dropbox is fantastic to be able to seamlessly work on things in different locations and on different devices.

I have never had an Apple device fail on me until last week. My iPhone 5 (one of my more recent devices) died here in Michigan and needed a new battery. Replacing that seems to have fixed it up. Like all people of my generation, I grew up without cell phones. However, I have recently become quite dependent on them for social contact and directions. I rely especially on it when I am travelling. Most of my contact to home is by e-mail and Skype, but there are also quick things I run by my family and friends by text and I phone my old father once a week to see how he and his wife are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment