Monday, August 3, 2015

My carpentry "skills" in action

I have a hobby of building things out of scrap (or low cost) wood. Interestingly enough, "repurposed furniture" is quite a hip thing these days, but I was a visionary: see my old post here. Of course, I was never going to sell the idea with my name, "scrap wood carpentry". I haven't done much of this in the intervening years, but recently I built a shelf in my room, pictured below. We're always short of book storage, and this high shelf for paperbacks adds a lot of capacity with no loss of floor space. I was happy with it, although I know it would not be well finished enough for anyone that cares about those things. I wouldn't swing on it - I have a stud finder but apparently studs are not always so easy to find.


No comments:

Post a Comment