Monday, June 29, 2020

Tying Sticks Together

I have been working on our terrace garden as the weather permits. It is a real joy. We have one side pretty well set up the way we want, with some herbs, tomatoes, a plant (whose name I am blanking on) that has followed Veronica through several moves but is much happier out of a pot and into the "ground". We also have a bunch of Latinki (English name unknown) grown from seed that are quite happy.


I had taken out a bunch of ugly bushes and trimmed the remaining hedge. I am working now on a wandering path with some cement tiles. I imagine grandchildren frolicking on this path. The project in between was organizing trellises for the various plants on that good side. I built them out of bamboo sticks tied together with twine. My tying was somewhat arbitrary, but if you google "tying sticks together" (which I did) you will find a whole wealth of material! My next round of trellises will be superior with this knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment