Saturday, October 22, 2011

What am I doing in Barcelona in Fall, 2011?

Well, I am still on sabbatical leave and for October and November I am visiting Barcelona. I am actually in the suburbs at the Universita Autonoma Barcelona, at the CRM (a math institute) here: http://www.crm.es/. My host here is Tim Myers, who is an expert in thin film flows with phase change. He has had many collaborative projects with Industry. I have picked up a couple of things working with his group: 2D computational modelling of freezing in micro channels and models of solidification into undercooled liquids.

Barcelona is a pretty exciting place. We were here on a Summer family trip a couple of years ago. We saw many of the sights then, some of which I feel like I need to revisit. I wrecked my foot somehow before I came, so my mobility is somewhat limited, but I am still trying to be a tourist at least once a week. Today, I revisited la Pedrera, an apartment building designed by Gaudi. Some pictures below:



No comments:

Post a Comment