Monday, April 24, 2017

Spring Pottery Times Two

I took a pottery class at Britannia Community Centre again this Spring, as I have done many times before, with Helen Spaxman as instructor. She has become a good friend over the years. I was also a member of the UBC Pottery Club (a "community" member, I pay more than students do, which is fair). Both were a lot of fun. Here is one batch of stuff from UBC:


None of this turned out like I had hoped. There was elaborate (well, for me) designs in underglaze that just didn't come through. The napkin rings were part of a birthday present for my son (I gave him cash as well, I am not crazy!). I know the glazes at Britannia very well by now, so the results are more reliable:


Some of these have already been given as gifts and I kept the garlic jar (green, left, the other candidate that is blue is a tea light). I was pretty happy with these. 

No comments:

Post a Comment