Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Double Recommendation: Herbal Teas and Donald's Market

I have trouble sleeping if I have caffein after noon, and coffee is especially bad. Tea does not give me so much trouble, but even so I prefer to drink herbal tea starting in the late afternoons. I have recently discovered two excellent herbal teas: Linden Flower and Elder Flower. These both have a really delicate flavour, distinct but with some common elements. I really recommend the Elder Flower in particular if you can find it. If you want something that is the opposite of delicate, you can also try Lavender.

 

I found them at Donald's Market in my old neighbourhood, Commercial Drive area in East Vancouver. There are two locations there: one on Commercial just North of Broadway and the other, larger, outlet on Hastings just West of Nanaimo. I see from their site they have outlets in Port Coquitlam and New West now. They have a good selection of produce at reasonable prices, including organics (but remember local is more important than organic, you can google "local vs organic" if you want to see the arguments and decide for yourself). More importantly, they have a nice selection of dry goods that are different than you find in most chain supermarkets, including these teas from Hungary. It is a fun place to shop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment