Monday, June 20, 2016

Britannia Community Centre Solstice Festival

I volunteered this weekend setting up a Britannia Community Centre event, a Solstice party. I like volunteering. It makes me feel useful, I get to meet new people, and I enjoy being wanted for my ability to lift and carry heavy things rather than anything intellectual.


I went to the event, with my adult daughter. Bands played (I liked the creaking planks), there was coffee, tea, and cookies. The venue was nicely decorated (I helped to decorate, but I only get intellectually that decorations help make an event successful). I should say that it was all free - a community building event. Maybe one day I will actually understand how to build community but at least I can lift and move things around for those that do.

No comments:

Post a Comment