Saturday, June 4, 2016

Xmen Apocalypse was quite enjoayble

I enjoyed Xmen Apocalypse quite a lot. I saw it last weekend at the fancy theatre in Okemos, MI. I had hoped to see one more movie here at that theatre before I left for Toronto, but the two new shows this week were Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and a lame-looking romantic comedy that I don't remember the name of.

Anyway, Xmen Apocalypse was really quite enjoyable. There were cameos by many recognizable characters from the comics (Archangel, Psylocke - actually played appropriately by a mixed race actress, Storm, Wolverine and others). It was a basically a "young team coming together" story with a bunch of extra fun. Let me spoil the ending: the villain with almost godlike powers was destroyed with teamwork. The origin details for Apocalypse don't match the ones from the comic, but those are really too convoluted for a movie plot, so I though this could be forgiven. In general, it gave the feeling for many of the characters from the comics even if all the details were not quite right.

I thought it was a much better movie than the recent Captain America one, although the critics rate them the opposite way. It could be just that the Xmen are the only superhero group I am somewhat invested in.

No comments:

Post a Comment