Monday, November 7, 2016

Recipe: Julienned Beet and Tofu

I could say that this was an awesome recipe that came to me out of nowhere, but I guess I have been making some tofu dishes like this for several years now, trying out different variations, and adding the beets just pushed it over the top. I got a mandoline with julienne attachments as a house warming present which I used for the cabbage and the beets in the recipe. You really should use the guard thing for the mandoline, or be prepared to loose thin slices of your fingers every few years like I do. Ouch!



Slice up the cabbage and julienne the raw beets. 


Add a little bit of frozen corn (mostly for colour), garlic, black pepper, some minced sun-dried tomatoes (I guess this is the unexpected ingredient), some oil and start sautéing.



When the beets are al dente like cooked pasta, add the tofu (I think softer tofu is better for this dish) and oyster sauce. Heat through and serve. 


I have a pescatarian friend that I first made this for. To make it vegan, you would have to replace the oyster sauce. I would try black bean sauce, or maybe just soy sauce and then thicken with corn starch. 


No comments:

Post a Comment