Friday, November 4, 2016

Carpentry project update

I put that drawer into a coffee table. It doesn't quite fit perfectly (OK that is an understatement) but the drawer does open and close if you work at it a bit.


My next project is some cabinets and drawers to put into IVAR shelving units (from IKEA). My table saw and router are getting a workout. I am doing all this with scrap wood in the garage back at the house when I visit on the weekend to see the kids and the cats (and to do garden work, but it's been raining the last few weeks). I am also doing it all scribbling my little designs on paper on bus rides rather than reading on actually how to do it in a book or online. I got discouraged looking at online videos of this kind of project, where they start by showing you the five machines you "need", each of which costs thousands of dollars. Still, I think it is time to start reading to get better ways to do things. 


Not related to carpentry, here is my 2016 pumpkin design. I did this at the Britannia Community Centre event that I volunteered at. Dragged tables and chairs back and forth but got to carve a pumpkin in between. 


No comments:

Post a Comment