Sunday, January 8, 2017

Apartment Floor Cocktail Party is a Mixed Success

I wanted to get to know some of my neighbours in my building. I am pretty self-sufficient, but it is just nice to know people around you. I thought about knocking on people's doors and introducing myself, but that didn't seem right (it has later been made clear to me that this is a general failing in Canadian society). So, my gambit was to put up signs and invite people over:

I also asked over the woman I am dating (my girlfriend? I don't know the rules for when you make the transition to that term) and a buddy. They got along well, which is not necessary but nice when it happens. I did have one neighbour come over as well, Florian from next door. He is originally from France, with an interesting career in interior (and exterior) design using natural materials. 

I guess if you really want to meet people, you need to talk with them in person. Maybe some day I will grow up and be able to do that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment