Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Latest Pottery

I just got the first batch of pottery back from my work at the UBC pottery club. It is a nice studio on campus with a bunch of enthusiastic and fun students running it, with success. It is a positive social environment as well as being a good place for the craft. Here is what came home with me tonight:

 

The little things are napkin and tea light holders. I had used some old clay I had that fired at the same temperature as what they do (cone 6), but this was a mistake, as any wisdom they had on how glazes looked after firing did not apply. I did like the amber colour of the bowl and using underglazes again. I have since started using their clay. 

I also found an old picture of the things I made in the class at Britannia Community Centre in the Fall course I took there. I don't think I ever got around to posting this.

No comments:

Post a Comment