Friday, December 23, 2016

More pictures of Berkeley 1969-72 buddies

I am going through my collection of pictures, digitizing them. Somewhat sadly, this is because of my separation from my long time partner. There is only one set of negatives and we both want to have records of our time together (notably two great kids, now grown up). I have the job of digitizing everything of interest. Well, Lealle is not interested in these pictures, but I found them in the box, and remembered good times.

Below are Alan (the coolest kid) and Jeff Jones (my best friend):


Roger (who had a pet rat) and Tommy Tamura:


and Utz McKnight:

Apparently, I can only remember last names from back then if they alliterate. Utz is an exception because my mother was close friends with his mother, so I could be reminded of his last name in later years. 

Those three years in Berkeley (grades 1-3) were very formative for me, due in part to the great friendships I had with these guys. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Brian, Sorry to hear you and Lealle have separated. But good that you're both getting copies of all the family photos. I was in Berkeley in those years too. I was living there from January 1965-July 1972 when I moved to Vancouver. Hope to see you in pottery class again some year. Cheers, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brian,

    It was by chance I saw the picture you posted of me this morning. I am so glad you are doing well! Yes, you were a great friend and in spite of your current relationship situation seem to have done well. I am currently a professor at the University of Alabama where I chair the Department of Gender and Race Studies. Always exciting. I get back to the Bay sometimes to visit my family. Take care and I hope the separation isn't too difficult. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alan Shaw is a math professor now I do believe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This could be him:

      http://ksuweb.kennesaw.edu/~ashaw8/

      Delete