Monday, January 4, 2016

Donations

Our family does some serious ongoing charitable donations, to MSF, Amnesty International, and World Vision. It is really my wife that was motivated to do these. I recently contributed to some less serious things. I now give a monthly donation to Wikipedia - I guess that is somewhat serious. I also support the Rachel and Miles Xplain the Xmen podcast, which discusses the many Xmen comic series published by Marvel. The show has been going on for two years and they have made it to the mid-80's in the series. I look forward to this every Monday. At my new rate of support through Patreon (a management portal for monthly donations) I will eventually be thanked at the end of one of the podcasts. I am looking forward to that! Finally, I gave a one time donation to Orgobyte, who ran a modded Minecraft server with the FTB Infinity (expert mode) pack. It was a hard but enjoyable pack, and the server had a good group of players.

No comments:

Post a Comment