Thursday, January 7, 2016

More Manbroidery, and Massage Therapist Recommendation

I go to a massage therapist on and off. I first started going a few years ago when I had real, ongoing pain in my neck. This is the kind of thing that started happening when I crossed 50. I see Derek Wone at Rain City Massage Therapy. He has really helped me through several ongoing issues and I enjoy our conversations. I really recommend him if you are looking for a therapist, with the caveat that I have only ever been to see him, so I don't have a wide comparison sample.

There is always a question whether to give someone you pay a tip or a holiday present. I tip my hairdresser and give her a holiday present, but you wouldn't tip your doctor (sorry if that profession wanted to start a trend that way) because it would somehow be a professional insult. Students can't tip me because of professional integrity. Sometimes they give me presents after marks are posted, but I strongly discourage them, and sometimes have to refuse the gift if it is too extravagant.

So, the line I took with Derek is the middle one: no tipping but a holiday present. This year, it was a "vanity" gift, a T shirt I had embroidered, shown below. The raindrop thing is my attempt at their logo. He seemed to like it, or was at least polite.



1 comment:

  1. The gift was very nice of you. Sometimes it is the little stuff and the homemade gifts that touch someone's heart more than a five dollar tip. Even if that gift isn't well made, which yours is. The person receiving the gift knows how you feel more deeply. I can definitely see the love you put into making the shirt.

    Brooke Burgess @ East West College

    ReplyDelete