Friday, January 8, 2016

Recommendation: Path of Exile [game]

I went back briefly to the classic Blizzard games, World of Warcraft and Diablo 3. I was disappointed by the lack of choices in character development. There used to be skill trees that allowed for quite large changes in character play, but these are now limited to a few quite limited options (especially in WoW). My friend, Clint, recommended a Diablo-like game called Path of Exile, which I have been playing. I have lost some sleep because of it, since free time is limited because of work this term. There are a few things that are innovative about the game. There is a passive skill tree which does not let you down. I don't want to spoil your first view, so check it out yourself: at this link. Wow, eh? Active skills are done with items that fit into your equipment and can be combined in various ways. It is a nice system. It is a freeware game, and the great thing is that there is nothing you need to actually reasonably play the game (unlike most other cash grab "freemium" games). All the things you can buy are cosmetic add-ons. It is a very honest and refreshing approach and makes me like the game even more. Of course, I felt I had to send them some money, so I bought some extra storage space that I didn't really need.


1 comment:

  1. play diablo 2 LoD it is the best diablo

    go on a socerer TP run kill baal over and over

    ReplyDelete