Monday, May 23, 2016

Movie Review: The Nice Guys

I went to see The Nice Guys yesterday. It was an entertaining movie, well acted with a good story. The child actress was strong, and Russel Crowe played his role perfectly. Ryan Gosling had a bit too much slapstick in his role for my taste, and alcoholism is a button for me. So, overall reasonable but not a movie I would have gone to normally. But... nearby here in East Lansing is Studio C! in Okemos and this is a great theatre. You can pay extra for huge, reclining leather seats with food and bar service that comes to you in your seat. They usually have six movies playing at a time, but this suburban theatre is not in general playing movies that appeal to me (probably a good choice on their part) so I have to be a bit less picky about what I see. It was Captain America the first week I was here (pretty good) and nothing new last week I could pick. Looks like Alice through the Looking Glass next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment