Saturday, May 14, 2016

Sweet Lorraine's Mac n Cheez

Macaroni and cheese is a real comfort food (unless you are lactose intolerant, I guess). It was one of my favourite meals as a kid, although what my mother made back then was pretty boring compared to what you can do. My latest place to get it was "Sweet Lorraine's Mac n Cheez" in East Lansing. It is part of a small chain, local to Michigan.


I had their macaroni and cheese with bacon, tomatoes and spinach, and a garden salad. It was pretty good - I would go back there again, although I am set up to do my own cooking in the little apartment I have on campus now, so won't be eating out very much for the rest of the visit. The best macaroni and cheese I have ever had was at the Crow's Nest and Country Store outside of Tlell on Haida Gwaii. It is a bit out of the way. Of course the best should have been one I made myself (I do like my own cooking) but I just haven't hit the right note yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment